Colbert High School FCCLA
This is the link to the National FCCLA website: www.fcclainc.org
Projects for the 2012-2013 School Year!
We've elected our new officers and attended our District Leadership Meeting on September 12th. The District President and Vice President are Colbert Students. Congratulations to those girls! They work really hard and are dedicated to school and several organizations/activities.
Important Upcoming Events:
- 25th--Stand for the Silent assembly at 1:30 with Kirk Smalley. We are applying for a State & National Award for presenting a STOP the Violence Project.
- 25th--MS & HS after school meeting & activities.
- 25th--Leadership Meeting at Kingston.
- 30th--Monthly meeting & activities.
- 5th-9th--Canned Food Drive. We collected 3,218 food items.
- 16th-18th--Cluster Meeting in Ok. City. Four students attended this meeting.
- 26th--Toys for Tots starts & goes for two weeks.
- 4th--District Competitions at First Baptist Church, Madill. One student placed 1st in Creed Speaking and will be moving on to the Regional Level. Four students placed 2nd and two students placed 3rd.
- 7th--We collected 442 toys for Toys for Tots.
- 13th--Monthly meeting & activities.
- 14th-31st--Pennies for Patients. We collected $798.87 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. All money collected will be donated in honor of Leo Hernandez. We are applying for a Community Service award for this project.
- 22nd--Job Stresses presentation to ICE class. We are applying for a Career Connection award for this project.
- 24th--Monthly meeting & activities.
- 5th--Regional Competitions at 1st Baptist Church in Ada. One member competed and received a certificate.
- 7th--Monthly meeting & activities.
- 26th--Monthly meeting & activities. We had 38 students who attended this activity.
- 28th-30th--State Competitions in Stillwater. We are not competing since Easter is this weekend.
- 4th & 5th--State Convention in Ok. City.
- 17th--Spring PI Meeting & Officer Elections at Kingston HS.
- 25th--Monthly meeting & activities.
*We have several National Projects that we will be working on in the next few months. Pictures will be added and this page will be updated as events/projects occur.